02 03 Nerd Lunch: CT's Ten Movies in a Weekend, part one 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

CT's Ten Movies in a Weekend, part one

34
First, let me say that I love my wife and daughter. However, I am greatly looking forward to a weekend without them. The plan for the weekend of August 3-5 is simple in premise, yet elegant in concept. I'm calling it...

CT'S TEN MOVIES IN A WEEKEND!
a.k.a. The Carlin Trammel Rewatchable Walrus Film Festival


It will start on Friday night (8/3) and go through Sunday afternoon (8/5). Very likely two movies Friday night, either five or six on Saturday, and then the remaining ones on Sunday afternoon. I'll be setting the schedule over the next week and I'll post it here once it's done.

I will be inviting some local nerds to attend the CT fest and I'll be inviting long-distance nerds to join me in watching the same movies at the same times I announce. In between movies and bites of fried chicken or pepperoni pizza, I'll be posting some thoughts on the movies.

So, what are the movies I'll be watching? It's ten of my most favorite movies that have the rewatchable walrus. That's to say, these movies may not be the best ever, but I love watching them over and over. Here's the list (in no order):

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Braveheart
Aliens
Die Hard
Back to the Future, Part II
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai
The Muppet Movie
Office Space
Red Dawn
Army of Darkness

I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on the list and any ideas you may have about scheduling.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38