02 03 Nerd Lunch: CT's Ten Movies in a Weekend, part two 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

CT's Ten Movies in a Weekend, part two

34
This is what I have in mind for the line up:

FRIDAY
Office Space followed by Braveheart. Braveheart is three hours long so it makes sense to pair it up with one of the movies that runs 90 minutes or less. And as I mentioned in the comment on the previous post, Office Space provides that transition from work into the film-filled weekend. Plus, both movies are about freedom.

SATURDAY
I want to kick off the day with The Muppet Movie. Saturday morning seems like a good spot for Muppets. I want to follow that up with Buckaroo Banzai. With its roots in pulp action serials, the late morning/early afternoon spot seems perfect for Buckaroo Banzai. Those two are set in stone, but I'm a little less sure about the next two. I've got Back to the Future II next. The flux capacitor owes its design to Buckaroo, so I like these two next to each other. Next I've currently got Red Dawn. Then I'm ending the evening with Die Hard. The best action movie ever made belongs on Saturday night.

SUNDAY
By this point in the weekend, it's all about eye on the prize. So, start off with the shortest movie in the list, Army of Darkness, so we can quickly feel like we've accomplished something that day. Follow that up with Aliens and save my favorite of all, Star Trek II for last.

I think I'll mull it over some more, but for the most part, that's where I'm at. Still, I'm open to suggestions. I'll try to finalize the list this weekend. And I'll also be posting the list of movies that are 11-15...the movies that just didn't quite make it into my weekend.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38