02 03 Nerd Lunch: That Guy: James Hong 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

That Guy: James Hong

34
James Hong. You know who he is. Maybe you don't know him as "James Hong," but you probably know him as "that old Asian guy." The guy has been in just about everything. Just this weekend, I saw him in two separate shows. Apparently he is the default choice in Hollywood for any Asian character over the age of 55. George Takei, Kim Chan, and Robert Ito are second, third, and fourth choices I suppose.

As I peruse his list of credits on IMDb, I see there are a wealth of my favorite movies and TV shows. So, if my Nerd Lunch cohorts will indulge me, I'd like to salute James Hong by listing a few of the things that he's been a part of that I like so much.

Godzilla
Zorro
The Outer Limits
The Fugitive
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Mission: Impossible
The Rockford Files
The Bionic Woman
Wonder Woman
Charlie's Angels
Fantasy Island
Dukes of Hazzard
Blade Runner
T.J. Hooker
The A-Team
Big Trouble in Little China
Magnum, PI
MacGuyver
The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
X-Files
Dexter's Laboratory
Alias
The West Wing

Go to his IMDb page for a complete list.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38