02 03 Nerd Lunch: Paging the Last Action Hero 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Paging the Last Action Hero

34

No, not that Last Action Hero.


Something that has been on my mind recently is the dwindling pipeline of action flicks and the lack of new action hero stars. In the days of my youth, Hollywood had more big name action stars than Barry White had love songs. My big four would be Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Willis, and Gibson, but reasonable arguments could be made for the tier 2 action prowesses of Lundgren, Van Damme, and Seagal as well. While I'm glad that Steven Seagal has gotten old (and incredibly fat), sadly we're reaching the end of line for Mad Max, Rocky, and John McLain. Unfortunately, I don't see any obvious candidates waiting in the wings to fill the action hero gap. Let's take a look at some contenders.

Who am I missing? Is there anybody who can save us from poor quality direct-to-DVD action movies?




Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38