Netflix Notes


I've been wanting to do some full fledged walrus reviews for some of the movies I've watched recently that I got from Netflix. I never got around to typing up full reviews, so instead, here are a few quick notes about some recent things I got from Netflix.

Man Against the Mob: The Chinatown Murders
I'm not even entirely sure what this is. I got it because it stars a post-A-Team George Peppard. It was bad. Skip it unless you really like George Peppard.

Sunshine
Since I don't really know anything about science, I loved this movie. I can imagine Jeeg sitting there squirming because the science is all wrong. It was a serious sci-fi piece with the flavor of 2001, Solaris or even Alien. I dug it a lot. I'll be looking out for this one to hit the cheap bin at Wal-Mart someday where I will probably purchase it.

Meet the Robinsons
I call this movie "Diet Pixar." It was entertaining and a good one to watch with the family. Something the kid could enjoy, but still good enough for mom and dad.

MI-5, Vol 4
I can't say too much about this because Jeeg would travel hundreds of miles just to kick me in the teeth if I spoil anything. Thumbs up. Way up. Volume 5 is at the top of the queue.

Watching Now:
On the "Watch Now" feature (which has begun acting funky), I have been watching through Rockford Files season 3 and watched the original Knight Rider pilot. I love the Rockford Files. They don't make TV like that anymore.

Do you have Netflix? Add CT as a Netflix friend and keep up with what he's watching through the Netflix community tab.

5 comments:

PLee said...

I watched "Man Against the Mob" and its sequel. Not too good.

I did like the bit where Peppard the detective was recruiting the only honest cops he could find, and one was an old guy who was still walking the beat because the dirty cops wouldn't promote him. He finally got the promotion to detective, but Peppard had to front him $50 because he didn't own a suit.

CT said...

What were those "Man Against the Mob" movies? Theatrically released? Made-for-TV?

PLee said...

Made for TV, and it seems like I read at the time that they were also backdoor pilots for a series.

Man made some bad career choices...lost out on the lead roles in Magnificent Seven, Dirty Dozen, and Dynasty.

Jeeg said...

I think maybe you're going the wrong way in the George Peppard timeline, CT. Anything in the 60s or 70s (pre A-Team) worth checking out?

I definitely would be upset to have MI-5 spoiled. But I'm the one who's taking 5 years to work my way through the DVDs, so I can only blame myself.

CT said...

I'm going both directions with Peppard's work. I just sent back disc two of the first season of Banacek. Made just a few years before The A-Team, this formulaic mystery show is worth checking out to see a sort of proto-Hannibal.

I've got a couple other Peppard movies on my list. They'll work their way up the queue eventually.

Copyright © Nerd Lunch