02 03 Nerd Lunch: CT and the Hulk 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

CT and the Hulk

34
When I went to see X-Files: I Want to Believe, one of my co-workers took this photo of me:



I realized that this isn't the first time I've had my picture taken with the Hulk. As I've mentioned before, I've met Lou Ferrigno, but sadly, I didn't get my picture taken with him. Well, if I did, I don't know about it.

When I was an intern at Marvel, I had my own little station for a time. Due to a fire code issue, the Hulk cardboard cut-out that had been in the little lobby on that floor ended up in my work area. Scarier than the Hulk, is that goatee that hasn't decided to be man-facial hair yet.



Skipping much farther back, I had my picture taken with the Hulk when I was very young. He and Spider-Man (maybe even more characters, but those two are all I remember) showed up at a mall and I remember having a choice--picture with Spider-Man or picture with the Hulk. With the Bixby/Ferrigno series a favorite of mine, I chose the Hulk. I'm guessing I'm around 4 in this picture putting it at about 1980. I vividly remember that costume. It had sort of a velour feel to it.



I've since come across this web page that goes a little more into detail about the Marvel heroes mall appearance crew. On the page, they mention the well-known fact that Jonathan Frakes used to be Captain America at these gigs. Wouldn't that be weird to have a picture much like the one I have of me and Hulk, but instead of Hulk, it's Frakes as Captain America? You could look back and think, "When I was four, I got a picture with Will Riker!"

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38