02 03 Nerd Lunch: What can you get for a buck? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

What can you get for a buck?

34

In these inflationary times, the answer is not much. Wendy's recently announced the nationwide return of the Double Stack to their Super Value Menu and that may add another gem to the very short list of worthwhile dollar deals. The downsizing and downgrading of value menu hossin' is something worthy of future discussion, but I digress.

Undoubtedly in an effort to avoid being outdone by the ghost of Dave Thomas, this week my local public library began clearing out their inventory of VHS movies at the low, low price of $1 each. The selection was rather impressive, but only one item jumped out at me.

I hear that heroes don't come any bigger

Yes indeed, a near mint VHS copy of Steel starring The Big Aristotle himself, Shaquille O'Neal. Apparently heroes don't come any bigger (it says so right on the box), but superhero movies may not come much worse. I'll let you know after I able to screen it and Catwoman.

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38