02 03 Nerd Lunch: (Nerd) Lunch Special: Culver's ButterBurger 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

(Nerd) Lunch Special: Culver's ButterBurger

34

The_Culvers_DeluxeThe name Culver's probably doesn’t mean anything to those outside the Midwest. The burger chain started in Wisconsin and still has most of their locations in the Upper Midwest. While they offer some uniquely Midwest items like pork tenderloins and fried cheese curds, Culver's specialties are quick seared ButterBurgers and frozen custard. I recently had a free afternoon and a coupon burning a hole in my pocket, so I headed off to my local Culver's for dinner.

I opted for the Double Deluxe which comes fully loaded with mayonnaise, pickles, onions, lettuce, tomato, and American cheese. The sammich is reminiscent of a Wendy's Double, if the Wendy’s burger were executed to perfection. To quote Jules Winnfield, “this is a tasty burger”.

I did not get any frozen custard this time, but Culver’s nails that too. They feature a rotating flavor of the day as well as sundaes, shakes, and the Concrete Mixer, their version of DQ’s Blizzard. Since it’s unlikely I’ll make it to Custard Cup soon, I’ll be getting my next custard fix from Culver’s.

Sorry I stayed away so long, Culver’s. I’ll be seeing you again soon.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38