02 03 Nerd Lunch: Resolute! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Resolute!

34

I recently suffered through a few hours of the original G.I. Joe cartoon, partly out of nostalgic curiosity and partly out of a sense of duty to the blog. The ten minutes I just watched more than made up for it.

Today AdultSwim.com posted the first two minisodes of the new G.I. Joe Resolute cartoon. Simply put, this is the G.I. Joe I've been waiting for since 1982. Granted, I probably wouldn't have been allowed to watch this in 1982, but that's beside the point.

I want (at least) 52 half hour episodes full of serialized story-telling and crazy continuity.

At no point did Snake Eyes dress like a girl. At no point did any of the characters show up at homebase riding on cows. There were no fire-breathing minotaurs (fatal fluffies). No one fought using yodeling. And in the 30 seconds of screen time Cobra Commander gets, he undoes all the idiocy performed by his Sunbow predecessor and shows us he may be the meanest, baddest villain ever on celluloid.

Top notch and I can't wait for more.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38