02 03 Nerd Lunch: It's not easy wearing green. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

It's not easy wearing green.

34
When it comes to picking clothes, I'm a pretty plain guy. I typically gravitate towards khaki pants and a pullover. I don't wear stripes, plaid or any other patterns. And the colors I pick are generally pretty drab...black, gray, navy, that sort of thing. My wife found a bunch of pullovers on sale one day and called me to ask me what colors I wanted. She told me of a particular blue that she thought I might be interested in. Without seeing it in person, my only guidance was to ask her, "Can you picture a Klingon wearing this color?" The answer was no, so I told her to put it back.

One of my other quirks is that I don't wear green. I have no explanation for it. Maybe it has something to so with Kermit's famous song and the fact I don't like things that aren't easy. I don't know. I just am not a fan of the color green in general and especially not as an item of clothing on me.

Well, there are now two exceptions:

1. My G.I. Joe T-shirt -- I got this at Christmas last year and I dig the faded logo style on this shirt.
2. My Mountain Dew sleep pants -- I got these today for my birthday and dig the irony that comes with the logo of a highly caffeinated beverage on a pair of pants for sleeping in.

Between having a family, working full-time and going to grad school part-time, my nerd interests aren't getting the time and attention I used to pay to them. But collecting G.I. Joe action figures is a pretty passive hobby actually. And there's always time for drinking Mountain Dew even during all the other activities I listed.

So, in celebration of both things I love, I present this picture of me wearing green from head to toe.

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38