02 03 Nerd Lunch: (Nerd) Lunch Special: Tallahassee Chef's Sampler 2010 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

(Nerd) Lunch Special: Tallahassee Chef's Sampler 2010

34
I've been here before and I'll say now what I said then...Och.

Forty-six (see below for complete list) dining establishments from Tallahassee and surrounding areas converged on the Tallahassee Mall this evening to set up the city's largest all-you-can-eat buffet. And once again, I was able to score some complimentary tickets and partake of this celebration of gluttony. (Captain Marvel would be so ashamed.)

In 2008, my wife and I only ate at 13 of the 50. This time, we upped our score to 16 of 46. So...go us or something.

Last time I did this, I didn't have an iPhone and offered no pictures so my review was lots of boring words.  This time, I'll spare you the horribly verbose blog post and offer the three best places then point you to the Nerd Lunch Facebook Fan Page where you can see a gallery of all the images I took each with a detailed caption describing what I ate.  You should be able to view them without becoming a fan, but while you're there, why not?

Hobbit's American Grill

This might have been my favorite stop of the night, but it's so hard to say. Chicken club wrap on the left and a fiesta ranch chicken wing on the right. This was from Hobbit American Grill. Should have known Hobbits would make awesome food what with their six meals a day plan. (There were no second breakfast samples this evening.)

Cabo's Island Bar & Grill

This place served up an awesome cup of chili. Cabo's is going on the list of places to visit for the chili alone.

Lucy & Leo's Cupcakery

What would be an event like this without "one more bite" of something. Here's a chocolate cupcake topped with chocolate icing and a chocolate covered coffee bean from Lucy & Leo's Cupcakery. Mighty good bite to end on. Thank you Lucy and Leo.


Here's the complete list of participants. As I get time, I'll try to add URLs for these places:
Andrew's 228
Andrew's Bar and Grill
Angelette's Cajun Kitchen
Another Broken Egg Cafe
Anthony's Wood Fire Grill
Applebee's
AZU Lucy Ho's Restaurant
Barnacle Bills
Bella Bella
Cabell's American Bar and Grill
Cabos Island Bar & Grill
Carrie Ann & Co.
Catering Capers
Coca-Cola Tallahassee
Community Coffee Co.
Cone Distributing
Famous Dave's
Granddaddy's Barbeque
Harry's Seafood
Hats Off To Food
Hobbit American Grill
Japanica Steakhouse
Killearn Country Club
Krispy Kreme
Lucy & Leo's Cupcakery
Marie Livingston's Texas Steakhouse
Masa
Melting Pot
On the Border Mexican Restaurant
Peterbrooke Chocolatier
Piggy's BBQ
Po'Boys Creole Cafe
Premier Wine
Roly Poly
Romano's Macaroni Grill
Shane's Rib Shack
Shula's 347 Grill & Hotel Duval "Pre-Event Reception"
Southern Wine
SouthWood Golf Club
Stinky's Fish Camp
Sunny Days Bakery, LLC
Tijuana Flatts
Tomato Cafe & Tea Room
Trail Break Cafe
University Center Club
Wakulla Spring State Park

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38