(Nerd) Lunch Special: Nugglers!


I have stumbled upon one of the best lunch deals ever. I am no huge fan of Walmart as a whole, but certainly appreciate the ability to save some money even at the expense of losing out on some decent service or quality.

That said, I have found the Walmart deli to be more hit than miss, particularly the Walmart closest to where I work.

They have in these Walmart delis various flavors of boneless chicken wings or "nugglers" as we call them at the office. Usually I find that they have at most two flavors out, but typically just one at a time. I've tried the General Tso's, BBQ, and a couple others. They're all decent, but Tso's is probably my favorite.


I had been ordering boneless chicken wings by the pound which meant I could get a decent amount for $4 or so. On a recent trip, the guy working at the deli (referred to at the office as "beard net guy") informed me of a $3 meal that contains a meat, a side and a roll. With this, I can get a pile of nugglers, potato wedges, and a roll. I can't promise that you'll get the same helping I got, but this deli worker packed my tray full of food. It was so much food that I didn't eat again until the next day at lunch.

On subsequent trips, I've gotten a little bit less food, but still more than enough for a decent-sized lunch.

I highly recommend exploring this option as an alternative to typical fast food fare.

3 comments:

Big Dan said...

I have been of these for awhile. I agree about the General Tso's being the best, but the barbeque are also tasty. I had no idea about the meal deal.

CT said...

Hey Big Dan! Thanks for stopping by!

I'd be curious to know if this meal deal is national or just a regional thing. So if you order one, let us know how it goes.

As a follow up, I'd have to say that the last two times I got the BBQ flavor, I was disappointed. The sauce seemed different and not as tasty as before. Commentary though, not complaint. For $3, I'm not going to complain.

Big Dan said...

That is a good point with the barbeque. They have not been as good lately. I would say to avoid the sweet and sour chicken all together. I am planning a Wal Mart trip for lunch Friday and will let you know if we have the same deal in Central Illinois.

Copyright © Nerd Lunch