02 03 Nerd Lunch: Versatile Blogger Award 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Versatile Blogger Award

34
This post is long overdue, but better late than never, right?

We were recently awarded the "Versatile Blogger Award" by Paxton Holley over at the Cavalcade of Awesome. Even though this is a very "chain letter type award," we get a kick out of being recognized because it's just nice to know that someone is reading the blog, let alone enjoys it enough to give us a shout out on their blog.
Jeeg, PLee, and I (CT) started this blog because we were having a lot of great e-mail conversations and we were looking for a way to document them. Secondary to that was the idea that others out there might enjoy reading what we'd have to say. Ultimately, I don't think Nerd Lunch is exactly what we envisioned it would be early on, but I'm proud of what we do here and I thank Paxton for recognizing us and I thank everyone else who visits this blog and reads our thoughts on nerd stuff and food.

The reason this post is overdue is because there are a set of rules that come with accepting and acknowledging this award. They are, as Paxton listed them, as follows:
1. Give thanks to the person who nominated you.
2. List 7 things about yourself
3. Give this award to 15 of your favorite bloggers
So, I've taken care of item #1, but just to be clear, Paxton, thanks so much.

Since there are three Nerd Lunchers, I'm going to try to make each of the facts about two or more of us.
  1. Jeeg and I met each other our freshman year in college. We were dorm room neighbors.
  2. PLee and I met at my first job out of college. We were both project coordinators at a standardized test development company.
  3. Jeeg and PLee met...well...there's some haziness about how it happened. It was either at a lunch that I coordinated, which would be fitting, or it was during a session of D&D that I was DMing.
  4. In a weird cyclical thing, Jeeg was the best man in my wedding, I attended PLee's wedding, and PLee was the Cha'DIch in Jeeg's wedding.
  5. We all lived within a few miles of each other briefly, but eventually we all left the Champaign, IL area. I am now in Tallahassee, FL. PLee is in the Mattoon, IL area. Jeeg is livin' life in style in the Chicago area.
  6. Jeeg briefly lived in Indiana and PLee and I took a road trip to see him. Along the way, we purchased a stuffed monkey at Toys R Us and named it Giuseppe.
  7. I make magazines. PLee lawyers. Jeeg builds robots.
Now, to pass along this award to fifteen deserving blogs. Really, the problem here was narrowing it down to just fifteen. There are so many great sites out there but here's who we'd like to recognize at this time. These are listed in no particular order.

1. The Atomic Geeks
2. Branded in the 80s
3. Total Fan Girl
4. By Odin's Beard
5. The Surfing Pizza
6. Cordy74
7. Twenty Sided
8. Gone and Forgotten
9. Plaid Stallions
10. Crymes Syndicate
11. Strange Kids Club
12. The Sexy Armpit
13. Battle Grip
14. Dork Dimension
15. Platypus Robot

And that's just 15. There are tons more blogs out there and if I didn't mention yours, I apologize. I interact with a lot of people on Twitter who have great blogs that I check out often. In fact, I implore you to respond here with a comment mentioning your blog if you have one. I'd love to know about it as I'm sure others would as well.

Again Paxton, thank you for the award and I hope everyone who reads this checks out all of the blogs listed above and any of the blogs that may yet be listed in the comments.

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38