02 03 Nerd Lunch: (Nerd) Lunch Special: Novelty Pop-Tarts 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

(Nerd) Lunch Special: Novelty Pop-Tarts

34
When it comes to Pop-Tarts, I'm probably the exception to the rule. My favorites are the unfrosted strawberry flavor. Toast those up and spread a little…okay, a lot of butter on the top, and that's tasty treat. Especially when you get a run of Pop-Tarts that have a bit extra strawberry flavoring in them.

That's not to say I don't enjoy these "novelty" flavors every so often. There was a sale recently and my wife picked up a couple flavors that were new to me.

First up, Blueberry Muffin. I really didn't have high hopes for this one. I mean, I knew they would be edible, but I didn't think they'd be phenomenal. I was wrong. These were great. After their time in the toaster, it smelled like we had baked blueberry muffins. The filling was a creamy, icing flavor with natural-tasting blueberry bits throughout. Bravo! Recommended.


Second, Cookies & Cream. Anytime I have a chocolate Pop-Tart, it's almost seemed like a poor imitation for something that I actually want. The hot fudge sundae Pop-Tart, for example, is not hot fudge sundae. So I didn't go into this expecting much. Again, I was surprised at how good this turned out. The crust of the pastry is very Oreo-esque and the filling was much creamier than I had anticipated. I actually think this would be great if it were crumble up into a milkshake. Maybe someday. This flavor, also recommended.

What about you...what are your favorite Pop-Tart flavors?

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38