02 03 Nerd Lunch: The Marvels and the DCs, part 1 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Marvels and the DCs, part 1

34
A few weeks ago, I announced that I would be sending out Marvel and DC Comics post cards to anyone who asked for them. All I asked for was a photo of you and the post card once you go it. Well, I have sent a bunch out and even have several photos back.

First, I should say that I have a very few number of post cards left. Our results so far put DC clearly in the lead. I have only 1 of the 20 left. If you still want a DC post card, check out the rules in the other post and jump on that quick. If you want a Marvel post card, I have six left. I should warn you, the post cards at this point are some of the more lame cards I have left. But, it's still fun and I hope you let me know if you want one.

I want to highlight some of the fans who received post cards over the next few weeks. I will just do a few at a time to spread out the fun over time. Today, we have the first three who got pics back to me and they are all DCs.

 
Amanda (DC)
Amanda was the first to get a picture back to me which is not surprising since she lives only a few minutes away from Tallahassee, Florida. She is a big fan of Batman but I later found out she is not that big of a fan of Robin. I'm a huge fan of Robin and have always thought that if he's good enough for Batman, he's good enough for me. This argument seems to have convinced Amanda

 
Marc (DC)
Visitors to Nerd Lunch should know that this is the guy who drew the caricatures of me, Jeeg, and PLee. I worked with him for a few years and we would often argue about the finer points of nerdom. However, whenever we did agree about an issue, it could be noted as no longer just being an opinion, but fact. This was "sealed" with a high five that could be heard throughout the Leon County area.

 
Geekarino (DC)
Geekarino is a good Twitter pal and I've gotten to know him a little bit by both of us being fans of The Atomic Geeks. I recently discovered through The Atomic Geeks forums that Geekarino is a fan of Micronauts which is cool because the Micronauts are awesome. He's also recently given us an iTunes review. Have you?

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38