02 03 Nerd Lunch: (Nerd) Lunch Special: Cheerwine 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

(Nerd) Lunch Special: Cheerwine

34

Usually on Tuesdays we are announcing a new episode of our podcast, but this week's episode will be delayed by one day. We will be doing another Drill Down and this time we will be talking about sodas. It's a good one and I'm looking forward to sharing it with our Nerd Lunchketeers.

In the meantime, I wanted to bring up a soda that I neglected to mention on tomorrow's episode. This is a "new to me" soda called Cheerwine. Cheerwine has been around for 95 years, but hasn't been widely distributed until recently. It is finally available in Tallahassee and signs like the one above can be seen around town announcing it. I guess it's a legend, but it has been completely off my radar until this past Fall.

To see what was so legendary, I picked up a two liter and gave it a try. In essence, this is Dr. Pepper turned up to 11 and then turned up some more. It has a strong cherry flavor. Some might argue that it's a cherry-infused cola, but I would argue that it's a cola-infused cherry soda. I didn't hate it, but it's so strong that I can't see picking this up again.

What about you? Have you had this legendary drink? What were your thoughts?

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38