02 03 Nerd Lunch: Dear Nerd Lunch: Jeeg 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Dear Nerd Lunch: Jeeg

34

Dear Nerd Lunch,

 

dearnerdlunchHas it really been 5 years already?  I know I don’t write as much as I should these days, so let me apologize.  I am devoting a lot of attention your little brother, Podcast, and Twitter can be a hell of a distraction, but you’re still just as important as ever.

 

In the summer of 2007 I was in the process of moving to Chicago and CT had been in Florida for a couple years already.  The opportunities for me, CT, and PLee to nerd out together were effectively coming to an end.  We had talked about doing a blog mostly to preserve the witticisms we were exchanging daily via e-mail, but you became the place for our musings that used to be exchanged over gyros, Quizno’s sammiches, or the D&D game table.  And in that regard you’ve been more successful than I could have imagined.

 

This place provides a long distance connection like what grandparents and grandkids now get using video chat, except we’re middle aged men whose bonds are strengthened through reviews of The Goonies or bacon sundaes.  It’s obvious that without you, Nerd Lunch, I wouldn’t have had the occasion to get to know Pax, The Atomic Geeks, our superfan Jack, or all the great bloggers we’ve crossed paths with the last 5 years.  What might not be so clear are the other benefits you’ve afforded me.  It would have been very easy for me to be consumed by the “real life” stuff that has happened during these years and I honestly don’t know if I would have kept up on my nerd interests or stayed as close with CT and PLee. 

 

So thank you, Nerd Lunch.  Thanks for what you’ve brought into my life, but more importantly what you’ve kept in it.

 

Sincerely,

 

Jeeg

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38