It's been a little while since I've done a League post. It's been a little while since I've blogged for that matter. Things have been a touch on the crazy side. But I'm hoping once things settle down, that I get back into a blogging routine.
Another thing I plan to do when things settle down is make some adjustments to my office area. My office is a converted garage. It's a decent size room and it houses my desk, my wife's desk, and then various shelves full of books, comics, DVDs, and action figures. But the look of the room is a little 80s (and hey, there's something really cool about that now, right?!) and I'd like to re-do it. Take down the wallpaper, paint the walls and wood paneling, tear out the flooring, and maybe even get new furniture.
Finally, another thing I'd like to do is name the room something better. Right now it's just "the office," but I'd love to come up with a name for the room that is more than just generic description. Kind of like how boats or beach houses are named, I want this room to have it's own identity.
Along with that, I'll have the opportunity to redecorate. I've talked before on the podcast about decorating ideas, but this week on Cool and Collected, Brian posted a particular challenge that has been on my mind as I think about redecorating:
You have very deep pockets but your shelves are bare. Go on a shopping spree at Hake’s to make your place a little more awesome.
Hake's is a pop culture collectibles auction site that is filled with tons of fun gems. Given the fictional blank check, I'd like to get the following items for my converted garage/newly named room:
• Darkseid head from "Tower of Darkness" lair. Now that I have a Young Justice Hall of Justice for my Super Powers heroes, my bad guys need a base. What better than this (currently priced at) $500 head of the most notorious foe of the Justice League?
• The Rocketeer Bronze Statue. There's a shortage of awesome Rocketeer merchandise out there. It exists, but it's hard to find. Standing over a foot tall, this is one classy piece that my new room would be begging for.
• Buck Rogers 1953 Original Comic Art. I love pulp heroes and I love comics. So what better way to celebrate both than with some original Buck Rogers comic strip art?
• Super Friends Metal Lunchbox. This is "Nerd Lunch" after all so I have to mention a nerdy lunch box. I actually have this in a Christmas ornament form. It's got some great classic art on it. The downside with pieces like this is there are multiple sides to be displayed. I'd probably pick the Superman/Wonder Woman/Batman side, but the Flash/Batgirl/Green Arrow side is cool, too. (There's also a pretty awesome James Bond lunch box that I'd have to get since I have deep pockets…)
• Superman Fleischer Cartoon Art. There's never been a better interpretation of Superman and there never will be. Those old Superman cartoons from the 40s are amazing. The fluid art, simple stories, and art deco style make those cartoons something that will forever stand the test of time. This is a simple sketch, but to have a piece of that production would be astounding and a welcome addition.
So there you have it, a few things I'd get if I had those deep pockets. Unfortunately, not seeing those pockets getting deep anytime soon. But, still kind of fun to pretend.
This is a League post so let me recommend a few other posts to check out!